The saying goes: “It is hard to humble if you know you’re the best.” Through all my travels to and working in the USA I felt this saying to be true of the country and its people. Not in a bad “we are better than you way”. More in a “we know we are going to be alright, no matter what happens to us way”. Something I have always admired about them. You get the feeling they are incredibly proud of their country and they stick together, no matter what.
I have always loved visiting the Land of the Free but there is a lot I don’t know about it. Here are some random interesting facts on the USA that might surprise you.
– The world’s tallest battle monument is found in Houston, Texas
– Hawaii is the only state that commercially grows coffee.
– The center of North America is in the town of Rugby, North Dakota.
– Alaska is 429 times larger than Rhode Island which has a significantly larger population than Alaska
– The Pentagon was dedicated in 15 Jan 1943,after the ground was broken for construction on Sept 11,1941
– The grizzly bear is the official state animal of California but no grizzly bears have been seen there since 1922
– The original name of the city of #Atlanta was “Terminus”
– The USA has 845 motor vehicles for every 1,000 people. Japan only has 593 for every 1,000 people & Germany only has 540 for every 1,000 people.
– The center of North #America is in the town of Rugby, North Dakota.
– The center of the U.S. is in the town of Castle Rock, South Dakota.
– The world’s highest roller coaster is located in Ohio.
– Boulder, Colorado is the only city in the U.S. to own a glacier.